JO 17 ENI FI 03 20
Implemented by the Supreme Audit Office of Poland at the Audit Bureau of Jordan is seeking to recruit 1 position:
RTA Language Assistant / Translator – Interpreter
Duration of the Project: 24 months from 25 March 2021
Position is based in: Amman, Audit Bureau of Jordan
Contract type: fixed term service contract
Gross and all inclusive monthly salary for a full time job:
The contractual relation will be between the selected person and the Project (represented by the RTA).
- Act as a main Arabic-English/English-Arabic translator and interpreter of the Project;
- Providing interpretations of questions, answers, statements, arguments, explanations and other forms of verbal communication.
- Speak clearly in both languages using proper pronunciation, enunciation and polite expressions.
- Interpret from/into Arabic and English during missions, meetings, workshops,
Seminars, trainings and other project events (also outside Jordan);
- Translate from/into Arabic and English: legal acts, internal regulations of Audit Bureau, audit process working papers, audit process manuals, training working papers etc.;
- Draft written materials, reports etc. in Arabic and English
- Excellent listening, retention and note-taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy during interpretation.
- Act as an Arabic-English/English-Arabic for RTA or Project Leader when attending official and working meetings when necessary;
- Translate written materials from/into Arabic and English;
- Perform other duties assigned;
- Maintain a high level of ethical behaviour;
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the realization and management of the project.
- Acting as RTA assistant when necessary.
Mandatory requirements and skills:
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Knowledge of technical language in the areas of public audit, public finances, taxes, public policies, government etc.;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organisational, administrative and management skills with the ability to identify priorities, meet deadlines, apply initiative and adapt to changing circumstances
- Proficient drafting in English and Arabic;
- MS Office proficiency (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint);
- Practical experience in the English-Arabic and Arabic-English translation and interpretation (during meetings, workshops, translating documents);
- Flexibility regarding working hours;
- A university degree;
- Readiness to travel to Poland to work during Project one-week-long study visits (with additional per-diem (rate published by the European Commission).
- RTA Language Assistant may not have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration in the past six months.
Additional skills and experience:
- Practical experience in simultaneous interpretation will be an asset
- Command of Polish language will be an asset
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- CV (in English, Europass format)
- A letter of application of up to 250 words
- By 09 June 2021 in English via e-mail (please quote “RTA Language Assistant”)
- To Wojciech Kutyła, Resident Twinning Adviser (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Short-listed candidates only will be invited by e-mail to an online interview